Sunday, October 5, 2008

American Adventure Funpark

On 10/4 Turner hosted a day at a local kid's amusement park called American Adventures. We decided to give it a try since it was a free day. The kids loved it and they are eager to go back. Below are a few pictures and some commentary from the day.

The day started indoors in the "Foam Factory." The factory included climbing, slides, and big air guns that shot nerf balls. Josiah was ready to stay there all day and had to be forcibly removed to see the rest of the park.

Abby posing in the "Foam Factory."

The first ride we encountered outside was the trucks. Cheryl accompanied the kids (because I didn't fit).
After the trucks we rode the "Crazy Bus" together (sorry no pics). Then Cheryl and the kids rode the "Scrambler" together. I opted out after seeing the ride. Turns out I got it right. Everyone enjoyed the ride until the speed picked up. Abby continued on in enjoyment, but Cheryl and Josiah definitely felt scrambled. If you ask Josiah today if he enjoyed that ride, he says "Scared!"


Josiah found his favorite ride in the planes. On his first attempt I tried to ride it with him only to be reminded that "I am huge" and I didn't fit.

We then headed to the bumper cars were we did 'boys vs. girls.' I a might be a little biased, but I'd say the boys won. This was the posed picture...the picture of me trying to ram then is a little more scary.

Josiah's love of the airplane resulted in Abigail taking several rides with him...she didn't mind at all.

From my experience, Tea Cups can be disasterous. After observing the group in front of us Cheryl decided to give it a try. The gang was able to complete the ride with little to not tea cup spinning.

All in all Abigail and Josiah loved the park. The rides were just the right size.

2 comments:

The Collier Family said...

Cheryl is smiling in one of these :) Way to go Cheryl! Just kidding of course.

The Collier Family said...

Looks like a really cool place. Where is it?